Rafting in Hell
Rafting in Hell
Have an unique perspective to the iconic southern National Park Helvetinjärvi while getting acquainted with packrafting. Program is suitable for anyone even with no prior experience of paddling, and is all-inclusive in nature.
- Level of solitude 2/5 (because of the central location of the National Park, but the route is avoiding crowds)
- Demandingness 1/5 (suitable for beginner rafters as a first try-out)
- Suitable for anyone more than 15 years old with a reasonable fitness level
- Maximum amount of participants: 8
- minimum group size: 2 persons (excluding the guaranteed departures)
- Bookings two weeks prior to the guaranteed departures (later bookings need to be confirmed by WHF)!
In this long weekend (thu to sun) tour we will start in lake Kovero from where we will slowly move north-east towards the lakes Luoma, Helvetinjärvi and finally south to Haukka dune beach. When sufficient water levels, we will also go down the easy river Haukka. On the way we will see the magnificent cliffs, the famous Helvetinkolu crevasse, old-growth forests and the unique Haukanhieta dune beach. We will enjoy tasty meals by the campfire, sleep in a tent or with an open shelter (if you prefer the experience), learn about the local nature and cultural history and best of all, it is all inclusive so that you only need to bring yourself and the clothes you will be wearing. At the end of the trip we will offer you a ride to Tampere city center where we will enjoy nice bath in a sauna and have a concluding meal.
Included in the price is:
- Professional guide
- camping equipment
- packrafting equipment
- sleeping bags
- food (breakfasts, lunches and dinners)
- travels from and back Tampere railway station or Pirkkala airport
- restaurant meal and genuine Finnish sauna experience at the end of the trip
Price informed is for one person, minimum charge is two persons (excluding the guaranteed departures)
Guaranteed departures for the 2017 season (guaranteed trips are running without a minimum number of participants):
May thursdays to sundays:
September-October thursdays to sundays:
Joining point to the trip: Tampere Pirkkala airport pick-ups coinciding with the thursdays: AY 265 Helsinki-Pirkkala 16:10-16:45 and sundays return: AY266 Pirkkala-Helsinki 17:05-17:40
This program runs throughout the year when there is open water (at least 1.5.-31.10) and can also be organized on week days. Please use the contact sheet below to ask for other suitable dates and make reservations.
Would you like to have this trip in some other time or for a bigger group, or just want some additional info of the trip? Feel free to ask with this contact form, emailing to email@example.com or calling +358 45 619 8260 and we will answer you as soon as possible!