A full board fell-hike and wild camping week organized in two different routes of which other is suitable for families with children over the age of ten, another restricted for adults. Organized in late August to early September from sunday to saturday.
Abisko region is the pearl of the Scandinavian mountains and there is lots to see both on and off the track. In this hike you get the best of both worlds by seeing the main attractions while enjoying some solitude in the unbeaten paths. Mixture of wild camping and magnificent views, we offer two routes in Abisko region; one suited for adults, another for families with a bit older children (starting from ten). Hop on board and enjoy the fells with a professional guide!
- Difficulty level: 2/5 for families, 3/5 for adult groups (suitable to anyone with good fitness level)
- Solitude level: 2-3/5 (close to high-season on a highly popular area; camping spots and route is avoiding crowds, though)
- guaranteed departures have maximum of 8 persons (Tailored departures with bigger group size are possible)
- Average walking distance: 15km/day for families with some ups and downs (average daily ascent is about 200m); 20km with lots of ups and downs (average daily ascent is about 500m) for adults
- joining points: Kiruna airport at noon on sundays or Abisko railway-station at 7PM on sundays
- Guiding languages: English (Finnish, German or French speaking guides available for tailored groups)
An unmatched wild camping in the fells 200km north of the arctic circle. The place is well known as one of the natural pearls amongst the Scandinavian mountains, where there is also a high frequency of northern lights during the autumn.
The hike will take you to the heart of this traditional reindeer herding area, through the natural beauty of Lappish nature including magnificent waterfalls, beautiful fell-tops and glaciers, and this all happens in the time of year when the ground is colored by magnificent autumn colors and it is dark enough to see the northern lights with a bit of luck. You will be wild camping with top notch tents provided by us, and you have an expert guide assisting 24/7 during the trip.
In the beginning and in the end of the tour you are staying in the Abisko mountain station near the Abisko village, where we will have a well-maintained camping place and sauna included. In the first evening we will go through some essential skills of wild camping to be well prepared for the tour.
In the final night we also have a concluding dinner at the station's restaurant. There you will have the option to upgrade to cabin, hotel or hostel overnight, if you prefer, and all the services of the nearby village are available. (Note that only the restaurant dinner is included in the base price).
All the required gear (ie. top of the line backpack, shelter, sleeping bag etc.) excluding clothes will be handed out to you prior to the trip, but remember that it is a joint venture and everybody is expected to contribute in carrying his/her share. There is a thorough packing list and itinerary provided to all participants well before the trip.
Autumn 2017 guaranteed departures (these will run without minimum number of participants):
Pricing (VAT 24% included):
- 1250€/person for guaranteed departures
- Discounts for bigger groups
Minimum group size for tailored groups: 3 (or equivalent sum paid)
The tour is full board, and included is:
- Transfers to and from Kiruna airport
- Three meals a day
- All the equipment required (ie. tent, backpack, cooking gear, sleeping gear, etc.): just bring yourself and let us take care of the rest!
- Sauna at the end of the tour
- Unmatched wilderness experience at the less traversed part of Abisko mountains
You can also book this hike without sending any prepayments by using the contact sheet below. Feel free to address inquiries by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling to +358 45 619 8260!